Hand-made soaps are becoming increasingly popular due to their skincare properties. Although many mass produced soaps and other skincare products may claim to have the same active ingredients as hand-made soaps, many of those ingredients lose their beneficial qualities during the process of mass production. It is therefore often the home-made soaps that offer the best skincare available today.
A hand-made soap is a natural soap which often only uses natural, organic ingredients such as Shea Butter. Shea Butter is a perfect example of an ingredient that loses its beneficial properties during any processing process required for it to be used in mass produced products. Shea Butter comes from the pit of the fruit from the from the West African Shea Tree and as the people of West Africa have known for hundreds of years but what the west has only just more recently learned, is that Shea Butter, in its unprocessed state is an ideal skincare product as it moisturizes the skin, reduces wrinkles through the aging process, helps to repair wounds, burns and bites and as well as all of that, also makes a great additive to hair products as it helps fight the bacteria that create dandruff.
Although many of the hand-made soaps may include some Shea Butter in their makeup, they also contain many other ingredients which are beneficial such as:
- Grapefruit Seed Oil which acts as a natural preservative
- Lauric Acid, which is mainly derived from coconut, which creates a frothy lather which is great as a cleansing agent
- Beetroot Powder is a powerful antioxidant and also has the ability to reduce blemishes and pigmentation
- Ginseng, also sometimes known as “Qi-Tonic” whose benefits include antitoxins which reduce the signs of aging and improves skin tone, has been used for centuries as a skincare product
- Organic JoJoba Oil of course is the superfood for skin as its beneficial properties are numerous and include moisturizing, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and to top that also treats infections, reduces scarring and soothes sunburn
- Organic Argan Oil is well known as a moisturizer but it is also beneficial in the toning of skin and the fighting of acne
- Organic Mango Butter is often used in hand-made soaps as it makes a harder, longer lasting bar whilst moisturizing the skin and its antioxidants improve the elasticity of skin, helping it to look younger
- Organic Cocoa Butter is also beneficial as a moisturizer and anti-aging product, as well as the ability to help heal inflamed or pigmented skin
When these products are used in their unprocessed state in hand-made soaps, they are of the most beneficial to the skin and so although they may claim to be present in far more expensive skincare products, their presence there is far less beneficial. By using hand-made soaps on a daily bases, you can therefore not only look after your skin but you can also look after your budget at the same time. Today there are several companies that specialize in making hand-made soaps available to everyone.